In order to be eligible to run for any leadership position, the entire packet must be complete and you must have the required grade point average (3.0).
Anyone who does not complete the packet, have all student fees paid, or have the correct GPA will be notified of their ineligibility.
All candidates must go through the primary election.
Candidates who are defeated in the primary elections may not run in the final election.
No write-in balloting is allowed. If any occurs, those ballots will not be counted.
There will be no poster displays allowed during the primary elections.
Buttons, candy, fliers, stickers, any mass produced items OR POSTINGS ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Candidates may not have a present member of that leadership group help in their campaign.
- Each final candidate will be allowed THREE (3) posters. No PROPS OF ANY SORT!
- Posters and banners may not exceed 3 feet by 2 feet. They will be taken down if they exceed these measurements.
- No posters or banners are to be displayed in the auditorium.
- Campaigns are confined to INSIDE the school building
- Candidates will be responsible for seeing that posters are in place before school begins that day.
- Posters will not have any reference to ALCOHOL, DRUGS, VIOLENCE, SEX, PROFANITY, RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS, OR ANY VIOLATION OF SCHOOL RULES.
- Posters and banners will be made outside of the school building.
- Posters/banners, will not be attached to any plaster walls or glass. If done, they will be taken down.
- IF IT AIN’T BRICK, IT DON’T STICK!
- All posters/banners must be down after school on the last day of voting.
- BUTTONS, CANDY, FLYERS, STICKERS, ANY MASS PRODUCTION ITEMS – POSTINGS ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA ARE NOT ALLOWED!
- Candidates may have up to five (5) individuals wear campaign advertisement at a time. For example: posters, shirts, NO MASS PRODUCTION.
- This is ONLY during the FINAL campaigning.
- Present members of that leadership group cannot be a part of your campaign.
If a candidate does anything during his/her campaigning that is in violation of school, district, or state rules and laws he/she will be disqualified from running for office.