Thank you so much for helping your students get to Orchestra each morning and encouraging them to practice regularly! It really makes all the difference and I can really tell when students are practicing!
As an FYI, we will be taking Orchestra class pictures on October 20 and 21 (First Year pictures on Wednesday, Second/Third year pictures on Thursday). Please do what you can to have your student in class on picture day, as these photos will be used on our Orchestra calendars!
Thank you again for your support of the Orchestra program at Heritage Elementary!
Thank you so much for all you do to get your kids to Orchestra! It's not easy, and I appreciate you!
A couple of notes now that we've made it through our first few classes:
1) Please do all you can to encourage practicing at home. Practice really helps solidify the things we learn in class. At the end of every class I have the students write down their practicing assignment in their workbook. The section with assignments starts on page 19 of the workbook. There is also a place to record practicing minutes. If students practice 24 days out of the month they get a special prize at the concert!
2) Private Lessons - If you're able, I highly, highly recommend your child take private lessons. We give as much one-on-one attention as we can, but can't get to everyone all the time. Private Teachers can really help your child improve quickly. Here is a list of teachers in the valley: https://www.mountainweststrings.com/p/private-teacher-list.html
3) Emergency Sub List - I like to keep on hand a list of parents that my assistant or I could call if we were to wake up sick and need a sub quickly. If you would be available to come to orchestra class sometimes, we would love to have you on that list. Please let me know if we could call you in an emergency.
4) Orchestra begins right at 8:00 am, so do what you can to have your child at the school 10 minutes early so they are unpacked, tuned, and ready to start right away.
5) Please make sure your child brings all their supplies to class each day. This includes:
-Instrument and Bow
-Orchestra Workbook (I know there are a couple kids who have not received these yet, I will get them their books as soon as I can)
-More Strings Extraordinaire (2nd and 3rd years only)
-Flashcards (Located in the back of the workbook, they should cut them out and keep them in the zip top bag they got on the first day)
-Pencil (They all got a pencil on the first day of class)
-Endpin strap (Cello and Bass only)
-Shoulder rest or sponge (Violin and Viola only)
I'm really excited to have each of your kids in Orchestra at Heritage this year! It looks like it's going to be an amazing year.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.