Green Canyon High School will open in August of 2017 and will include students attending 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades.
- Cache County School District is allowing "senior choice," which means that seniors, graduating class of 2018, who reside in the Green Canyon High School attendance boundary may remain at Sky View High School if they so desire.
- Ninth, tenth, and eleventh grade students will attend the school within the boundary where they live unless they are accepted into another school through the Open Enrollment process.
- The school administration of Sky View High School and Green Canyon High School will provide information to the graduating class of 2018 regarding this senior choice. This information will be communicated with the class of 2018 on November 30th in an assembly at 10:45 a.m.
- Open Enrollment allows a student to enroll in and attend a school in Cache County School District other than the school in which boundaries he/she resides.
- Students accepted into a school other than their boundary school are committed to attend their school of choice for a minimum of one academic school year.
- All students desiring to attend a school other than their assigned school must apply for school transfer through the Open Enrollment process.
- Applications for open enrollment transfer are accepted beginning December 1st through the third Friday in February for initial enrollment to begin the following school year in the requested school of the district.
Students wishing to transfer schools and participate in athletics/extracurricular activities must comply with Utah High School Activities Association (UHSAA) transfer and eligibility guidelines.
Student Athletic Eligibility and Transfer
- It is the desire of Cache County School District that schools have balance, equity and fairness. The Cache County School District maintains the strong preference that students/athletes attend and play/participate where they live. A student’s athletic/activity eligibility resides within the school boundary where they live.
- If a student chooses to enroll in a school other than the one where they reside they would not be eligible to play any sport, for one year, without complying with the Utah High School Activities Association transfer and eligibility guidelines. Participation in any UHSAA activity is subject to all rules and guidelines established by UHSAA.