Mountainside Elementary 2021-2022 General Information
Attendance: Cache County Schools are to maintain yearly total attendance averages of at least 95%. This requires that our children attend school regularly, arrive on time, and remain all day. Any child who misses nine or more school days during an academic year fails to maintain a personal 95% attendance rate. Please excuse all absences through the school office or your child’s teacher.
Cell Phones/Electronic Devices: Electronic devices of any kind are not to be brought to school. With permission students may use a telephone in the office.
Student Birthday’s: Student’s birthdays will be well acknowledged during the school day in individual classrooms. For numerous reasons, please wait until your children are at home to celebrate their birthdays as a family. Please do not send or deliver flowers, balloons, presents, treats, etc. to school.
Visitors: All visitors must check-in and out at the office and wear a visitor sticker while in the school.
Check-in/Check-out: Students arriving after 9:05 will need to check-in at the office. If you would like to excuse their tardy, please call the school office or sign them in at the office. To check-out a student, please call the office when you are on your way and we will have your child waiting in the office for you. Parents will need to come in to the office and sign-out their child.
School Phone: 435-792-7688; Fax 435-792-7690
School Address: 235 E 125 N, Mendon UT 84325
School Website: www.ccsdut.org/Mountainside
Principal: Cam Amott (email@example.com)
Administrative Secretary: Cheryl Henrie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Custodian: Robby Thompson
Lunch Manager: Carrie Selvage
PTA President: Gina Hadfield
First Day of School: Aug 19
First Day of Kindergarten: Aug 26
Labor Day: Sept 6 – NO SCHOOL
Picture Day: Sept 10
District Teacher Inservice: Sept 24 – NO SCHOOL
Fall Break: Oct 14&15 – NO SCHOOL
Picture Re-take Day: Oct 21
Teacher Prep Day: Nov 15 – NO SCHOOL
Parent Teacher Conferences: Nov 18&19–NO SCHOOL Nov 19th
Thanksgiving Break: Nov 24, 25, 26 – NO SCHOOL
Christmas Break: Dec 20-31 – NO SCHOOL
Martin Luther King Day: Jan 17 – NO SCHOOL
President’s Day: Feb 21 – NO SCHOOL
Teacher Prep Day: Feb 28 – NO SCHOOL
Parent Teacher Conferences: March 3&4 –NO SCHOOL on 4th
District Teacher Inservice: March 11 – NO SCHOOL
Kindergarten Registration: March 16&17
Spring Break: April 4-8 – NO SCHOOL
Memorial Day: May 30 – NO SCHOOL
Last Day of School: June 2
- Clothing/grooming should be clean, neat, safe, and modest
- Shirts should have sleeves. No tank tops
- Shorts & skirts should be at or close to the knee. Tights and leggings are encouraged under skirts
- No bare midriffs, off the shoulder tops, or cut out backs
- No hats/head coverings for boys or girls of any kind (excluding winter hats outside)
- No flip-flops or loose footwear – appropriate footwear should be worn because of PE and recess. No roller-type shoes
- No gang-related items, grooming, or clothing
- No clothing displaying inappropriate messages or symbols
- No pajamas except on school-sponsored “Pajama Days”
Breakfast and lunch meals will continue to be free for all students. Breakfast service begins at 8:30am.
Parents are welcome to eat lunch with their child any day. Parent lunch must be ordered ahead of time – please call by 9:30 am to be added to the lunch count. Tickets can be purchased in the office before eating for $3.50.
- Please do not drop your children off at school before 8:45 am unless they are having breakfast. There is no supervision before this time.
- Do not pick your child up on the south side of the front pickup zone. Students will not be allowed to pass between cars. Pull up alongside the curb closest to the school only – the outside lane is for through traffic only.
- Do not use the school parking lots as a drop off/pick up zone. If you wish to pick up your child by the bike racks or bus loop, you should park in an approved parking space and walk to get your child.
- Students should ride bikes, scooters, etc. on sidewalks only – do not ride in parking lots.
- No weapons or incendiary devices or look alike items/toys are allowed on school grounds or on the bus. This constitutes a Safe Schools violation which could result in suspension or expulsion.
School Begins: 9:05; School Dismissal: M-TH 3:35, Fri 2:20
AM: M-TH 9:05 – 12:20, Fri 9:05 – 11:45
PM: M-TH 12:25 – 3:35, Fri 11:50 – 2:20
1st Grade: 11:50 – 12:25
2nd Grade: 11:55 – 12:30
3rd Grade: 12:00 – 12:35
4th Grade: 12:05 – 12:40
5th Grade: 12:10 – 12:45
6th Grade: 12:15 – 12:50