The Counselors are still here to help!
If you are doing online schooling, Sky View's school counselors are still available to help students with questions and concerns. Please reach out through email to your counselor for assistance.
- Bardett Bagley - Last Names A-D - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tom Olsen - Last Names E-J - email@example.com
- Blake Tubbs - Last Names K-P - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janine Justis - Last Names Q-Z - email@example.com
Welcome back! We are EXCITED to get back at it and be an "Undivided" Bobcat family again!
A FEW NOTES ABOUT THE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Masks will be required for any students/parents wanting to see a counselor. Social distancing will also be encouraged.
2. Only 2 people (one student and a parent/guardian) will be allowed to see each counselor at a time.
3. Counselors are available to see students with INCOMPLETE SCHEDULES. If you want to make a voluntary change to a full class schedule, you will be encouraged to fill out a Class Change Form and check your PowerSchool for updates to your schedule within 2 days. You may also choose to wait to see your counselor face-to-face for a voluntary class schedule change, but counselors will ONLY handle voluntary schedule changes once all incomplete schedules have been taken care of.
4. Dates/Times for student registration are organized by grade level:
12th Grade/Senior Students: Monday, August 10th - 9am to 1pm
11th Grade/Junior Students: Tuesday, August 11th - 9am to 1pm
10th Grade/Sophomore Students: Wednesday, August 12th - 9am to 1pm
9th Grade/Freshman Students: Thursday, August 13th - 9am to 1pm
Make-Up Registration for all students: Thursday, August 13th - 3pm to 7pm and Friday, August 14th - 9am to 1pm
GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) is a federally funded college access & readiness program administered by Utah State University who partners with local high schools to help low-income students be successful in school. Here at Sky View, we have a GEAR-UP advisor (Briana Alder) in Rm. 119. Please feel free to contact her with questions about the program or to see if your student qualifies at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on the link under "Quick Links" for the USU GEAR-UP website. Talk to your counselor if you have any other questions!
Bobcat Giving Place
Sky View’s philosophy is that all students should have a safe environment that fosters academic, social, and emotional growth while at school. As such, we have partnered with Cache Food Pantry and other community organizations to provide perishable and non-perishable food items, clothing, and other resources for our students and their families. These items can be found in the West Conference room in the Main office or in the RoCK Advisory Room (Rm. 107).
We invite you to set a time to meet with an administrator or school counselor regarding available resources and how to best utilize the Bobcat Giving Place. Come in and see what we have to offer!
The FAFSA is now open!
SENIORS! The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the 2021-2022 academic year will open October 1st, 2020. If you have any questions or concerns about filling out the FAFSA, please come talk to your school counselor.
Class Change Policy
Schedules may be changed when they are received in August on the designated registration days, as well as in the days before school begins. Within 5 school days after the first day of the trimester, schedule changes for the current trimester may be changed but will be assessed a $20 late change fee. After 5 school days have passed in the trimester, courses may no longer be changed. Making changes to a second or third trimester schedule is allowed for free up until the week before the trimester changes.
Sky View’s Class Drop Policy prohibits counselors from making schedule changes after the five-day deadline except when requested by a teacher.
This policy was created to:
1. Protect curriculum time
2. Minimize distractions/disruptions
3. Award full credit
4. Most importantly it shelters the student from being academically behind in another course.
As a counseling office, we feel much can be gained both academically and behaviorally in persevering through academic challenges. We would be happy to sit down and discuss options available to help students be successful in their current courses.
If you would like to make a schedule change for an upcoming trimester that has not yet started, we would be happy to assist you any time before that trimester begins.