School Community Council
Summit School Community Council
School Community Councils will improve student learning, performance, and achievement through open communication involving the stakeholders in the education community.
School Community Council membership should strive to balance community and educator membership to create the most effective and responsive decision-making group possible. Membership will include representatives from the community, school site administrator, certificated and classified staff. (By law the council will consist of 2 more community representatives than school representatives)
The responsibilities of the committee are to:
1. Review testing data and all reliable data to determine the needs of the students. This includes: Goals for the School Improvement Plan/School Land Trust Plan and Reading Achievement Plan.
2. Assist in the development of a professional development plan.
3. Develop a child access plan.
4. Submit required reports for School Board of Education approval.
5. Advise school and district administration and the local school board on local and district school issues.
6. They may assign sub committees as a task force to complete assignments.
7. They have access to and review a school’s budget.
For the 2019-20 school year Summit Elementary received approximately $87,000 for school improvement. The School Community Council prepares a school improvement plan and a School LAND Trust spending plan to identify and address the school's greatest academic need(s). Plans are submitted to and approved by the local school board for implementation the following year. For more information on School LAND Trust please visit http://schoollandtrust.orgRules of Order and Procedure adopted by the council:Chair: I will make a motion to approve (chair states the item being voted upon).SCC member: I second the motionChair: All in favor (SCC discusses issues when arise)
Proposed Meeting Schedule 2019 - 2020
All meetings are open to the public and will be held at 3:45 in the office conference room.
October 16, 2019
November 20, 2019
January 15, 2020
February 19, 2020
March 18, 2020
April 15, 2020- Postponed due to Covid 19
May 20, 2020