Ridgeline School Community Council
Oct. 19, 2021 7:00 AM
Administration: Doug Snow (principal), Andy Lund(Vice Principal)
Parents: Nicki Ellis, Holly Fronk, JennyLyn Little, Mandy Donavan, Candice Hansen,
Staff: Bonnie Odd, Kyle Day, Emma Smith
Approval of minutes from last month
-Motion Doug Snow
-Second Andy Lund
- Review of Procedures.
- Doug Snow showed the spreadsheet that will be updated as we go through the school year. Blank as of right now.
- Procedure of moving money in any category will be voted by the council then sent to the school board to approve.
- Review of budget
- The trust money is to go to critical academic needs...Reading, Writing, Science, Mathematics, any special needs associated with those and Tech needs.
- TSSA gives budget for other needs (not governed by council)
- Review of Training
- School website is to have
- Amount received
- Rules & Procedures
- Council members with emails
- An invite to serve
- Trainings are available at Schoollandtrust.org
- Teacher Evaluations
- Teachers sign up for time slot with Snow and Lund (the occasionally do a 10 minute drop in as well at different times)
- There are 10 standards that need to be evaluated -Lund made a new observation paper for easy note taking
- They do a review with the teacher as soon as possible after evaluation, where they discuss tools that are working as well as what needs tweaking.
- Some items they like to highlight: 4 to 1 positive, All Student Engagement, Check for understanding, Students knowing the objective
- There is interest in having the counselors come and talk about Project Awareness
- Power School Sinks to Canva overnight, but also teachers can auto “link” or hold scores until they hit submit
Meeting adjourned to Nov 9, 2021 7AM