Failure to attend school all or part of the day without a parent or legal excuse (illness, doctor’s appointment, funeral in the immediate family). If a student leaves campus they become the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Consequences may include but are not limited to:
- Zeroes may be recorded for missed work and students may not be permitted to make up work for truancy.
- A “U” citizenship grade may be given for that trimester.
- Parent notification.
- Detention and/or school service learning
- Possible loss of credit for excessive truancy.
- Repeated offenses may be dealt with according to the Richmond City Truancy Ordinance 99-4, district policy, and/or state law.