Ridgeline High School
Community Council Meeting
May 11, 2021, 7 a.m.
Members Present- Brittany Foster, Holly Fronk, Diane Theurer, Jennifer Loscher, Mandy Donavan, Jim Crosbie, Kyle Day, DeAnna Stallings, Bonnie Odd, Emma Smith, Krista Useche
Visitors- Kelli Babbitt
Members Absent- David Hiatt, Mary Perez
Motion to approve was made by Jenn Loscher and Mandy Donavan second. Approval of minutes was approved by council.
- Principal Foster’s Update on Trustlands
- Review of School trustland plan goal. Student scores on the ACT, AP, CTE will be at or above the level shown in the measurement section by May 20/21. ACT measure was 21.9, AP 72%, CTE 80%. Action plan was to hire 2 or more EL aides, a success coordinator, hold school wide department PLC team meetings, sending staff to PLC, grading or other conferences, hire a vista intern, provide after school tutoring for students, send minority students to a diversity day at a university and providing supplies for improving their performance, class size reduction, hire a special ed aide, and purchase grade cam with writing recognition.
- From the above list Ridgeline has hired the EL aides, flex secretary, flex aide, the success coordinator position was filled with a certified math teacher who will help to meet the needs of the students (she is here for Flex and one period after Flex)(. Department meetings and coordination was held throughout the summer and will continue after school hours. The Vista intern has been hired. After school tutoring is available after school in math. Diversity Days may also need to be virtual, but that is yet to be seen. Class size reduction money is enough to pay for one full time teacher for math. Special Ed Aide has been hired. Grade cams have already been purchased.
- Trustlands Budget:
- Teacher Salaries Budgeted-111,999 Remaining-47,972
- Parapro Salaries Budgeted-46,049 Remaining-24,148
- Ret/SS/Insur. Budgeted-38,956 Remaining-18,612
- Substitute Teach Budgeted-2400 Remaining-1940
- Employee training Budgeted-4900 Remaining-2917
- Other Professional Budgeted-8250 Remaining-1250
- Teacher Travel Budgeted-4700 Remaining-4700
- Student Travel Budgeted-750 Remaining-620
- Supplies Budgeted-5073 Remaining-0
- Software Budgeted-6800 Remaining-0
- Total Budgeted-229,877 Remaining-102,214(44.46%)
- Upcoming SCC Elections ( 3 seats open)
- Candidate form will be available at the office May 11. It will also be emailed with a google form to fill out.
- Forms will be due Friday May 18.
- Elections will be held if needed May 19-May 26.
- Counselor’s update: Jen Loscher
- Awards Assembly for Seniors May 21
- Senior Riverhawk awards Riverwalk. This will be for seniors who will receive a reward only. There will be a photo op, lanterns, live music, and department awards will be delivered at home. Pictures will be sent home.
- Email sent out to students and parents that may be qualifying for the Opportunity Scholarship that replaces Regents and combines with the Century Scholarship.
- Requirements as of now are as follows
- 3.3 GPA
- College level course in each of the following Math, English and Science (AP or concurrent enrollment)
- FAFSA needs to be completed
- This may affect the foreign language department.
- Posting today Senior Cleared for Graduation Students and notifying students that are not qualified yet. This may be because of owed fees or failing grades.
- Baseball, Girls Golf, 1st Singles and 2nd Doubles Tennis,and Boys Volleyball Club are all Region Champions
- Aspire+ testing almost complete.
- River Hawk River Walk- May 21
- Senior Checkout- May 25
- Graduation Ceremony- May 25
- Lagoon Day- May 26
- Personal Graduation Moments- Wednesday and Thursday, May 26,27
- Student Checkout- May 27
- Friday May 28 Yearbook Day
- Looking for a new PTA President for the 2021-2022 school year
- Next meeting will be held in the Fall.