Ridgeline High School
Community Council Meeting
April 13, 2021, 7 a.m.
Members Present- Brittany Foster, Holly Fronk, Diane Theurer, Jennifer Loscher, Mandy Donavan, Jim Crosbie, Kyle Day, DeAnna Stallings
Visitors- Kelli Babbitt
Members Absent- David Hiatt, Krista Useche, Bonnie Odd, Emma Smith,
Motion to approve was made by Brittany Foster and Holly Fronk second. Approval of minutes was approved by council.
- Principal Foster’s Update on Trustlands
- Review of School trustland plan goal. Student scores on the ACT, AP, CTE will be at or above the level shown in the measurement section by May 20/21. ACT measure was 21.9, AP 72%, CTE 80%. Action plan was to hire 2 or more EL aides, a success coordinator, hold school wide department PLC team meetings, sending staff to PLC, grading or other conferences, hire a vista intern, provide after school tutoring for students, send minority students to a diversity day at a university and providing supplies for improving their performance, class size reduction, hire a special ed aide, and purchase grade cam with writing recognition.
- From the above list Ridgeline has hired the EL aides, flex secretary, flex aide, the success coordinator position was filled with a certified math teacher who will help to meet the needs of the students (she is here for Flex and one period after Flex)(. Department meetings and coordination was held throughout the summer and will continue after school hours. The Vista intern has been hired. After school tutoring is available after school in math. Diversity Days may also need to be virtual, but that is yet to be seen. Class size reduction money is enough to pay for one full time teacher for math. Special Ed Aide has been hired. Grade cams have already been purchased.
- Trustlands Budget:
- Teacher Salaries Budgeted-111,999 Remaining-52,320.43
- Parapro Salaries Budgeted-46,049 Remaining-26,652.80
- Ret/SS/Insur. Budgeted-38,956 Remaining-20,051.48
- Substitute Teach Budgeted-2400 Remaining-1940
- Employee training Budgeted-4900 Remaining-2917
- Other Professional Budgeted-8250 Remaining-1250
- Teacher Travel Budgeted-4700 Remaining-4700
- Student Travel Budgeted-750 Remaining-620
- Supplies Budgeted-5073 Remaining-0
- Software Budgeted-6800 Remaining-0
- Total Budgeted-229,877 Remaining-110,635.51(48.1%)
- Upcoming SCC Elections ( 3 seats open)
- Candidate form will be available at the office May 3rd. It will also be emailed with a google form to fill out.
- Forms will be due Friday May 14.
- Elections will be held if needed May 17-May 21.
- Counselor’s update: Jen Loscher
- Awards Assembly for Seniors
- Senior Riverhawk awards Riverwalk. This will be for seniors who will receive a reward only. There will be a photo op, lanterns, live music, and department awards will be delivered at home. Pictures will be sent home.
- Diversity Week (first year)
- Halls are decorated, Flags placed in the commons, signs for inclusion, assembly.
- EPIC- a group of parents in the community that represent diversity and they planned the week.
- Parent Teacher conferences next week. Available to students that are most in need. Scheduled by appointment. Email was sent out for parents to sign up.
- Spring Fling. First dance sponsored by the school since COVID restrictions. Negative COVID test required to attend.
- Aspire Testing
- Sophomores last week in April.
- Freshman first week in May
- Flex will be in the morning to accommodate the testing.
- Vaccination date for the school is April 22, 2-4:30. This will be Pfizer
- May 25th- Commencement Ceremony. Speakers, musical #’s, students only.
- May 26th- Lagoon Day
- May 27th- Personal Graduation Moments. Family and friends are invited. (food, music, games until 11 for the students after the ceremony)
- Next meeting May 11, 7 a.m.