Information from CCSD & Principal Williamson
For the upcoming 2023 - 2024 school year:
Welcome Back RHE Eagles!
We have had an incredible summer and I hope you have too! With our early out and the later start, it has felt like a good long rest. However, I will be honest, I have missed each and every one of you and I am excited to be back! This year we will continue to build on the great academic progress we made last year, enjoy some of our old traditions, as well as continue the new traditions we started (think STEM night!) and have a fantastic time doing it all! We have lots of new teachers joining us this year. Help us welcome them!
Ashley Jenks is replacing Nancy Poulsen. Nancy is going to be the new ESL teacher at North Park.
Lisa Weaver is moving up to second grade to replace Cassie Downs. Cassie is moving to North Park with some big changes this summer along with getting married!
Kristen Johnson is replacing Triana Falcon. Triana is moving to Lehi to teach fifth grade and be closer to family.
Julia Laranja is replacing Cassidy Hogge. Cassidy is going to stay home with her baby.
Mackenzie Cottrell is replacing Emily Fuquay. Emily is changing schools.
Jenny McDonald is replacing Emily Dart. Emily is going to be staying home with her children.
Mandee Monson is replacing Laura Hawley. Laura has retired and is going to be biking all over the valley!
Megan Hansen is replacing Valeta Schwab. Valeta is going to work in the kitchen to allow more time to help with her family business.
Suzanne Karren is replacing Amy Zollinger. Amy is going to stay home this year to help with her busy kids!
We thank all of our amazing staff for their dedication to our RHE students and welcome our new teachers into the fold!
We look forward to seeing you all at Back to School Night on Tuesday, August 22nd, from 6:30-7:30 p.m. and then,
bright and early on Thursday, August 24th for the first day of school!
Ms. Stacie Williamson•Back to School Night for all 1st - 6th graders: Tuesday, August 22nd 6:00 - 7:00 p.m•First Day of school, Thursday August 24th @ 9:00 a.m.•School Hours: 9:05-3:35 (Mon. -Thur.) & 9:05-2:20 (Friday)Kindergarten's first day is Wednesday, August 30th•Kindergarten Hours:•AM Kinder 9:05 -12:10 & PM Kinder 12:30-3:35 (Monday - Thursday)•AM Kinder 9:05- 11:35 & PM Kinder 11:50-2:20 (Friday)
Preschool: Monday - Thursday
- AM 9:05 a.m. - 11:35 a.m.
- PM 1:05 p.m. - 3:35 p.m.
Back to School Night
**K-6 Education in Utah is Free.
No students in these grades are required to bring money or supplies for school.
Notice: The items on this list will be used during the regular school day.
They may be brought from home on a voluntary basis, otherwise they will be furnished by the school.
Power School Updates Needed:
We need all parents to log into Power School and update your contact and emergency contact information. Please remember that we can only check a student out of school to their parent or a person listed on their emergency contact information. So please add any and all people you might need to help pick up your child/children.
Information on bus stop times and locations can be found on the school district website under the transportation department at: Bus Stop Information
* Please Note that the Bus Routes will not be finalized until the week right before school. So please check back that week to check for any changes.
Office Hours & New Student Registration:
Please start your registration process here: https://www.ccsdut.org/
If you ‘pre-registered’ online you will still need to come to school and bring in:
•‘Proof of Residency’ documents
•ORIGINAL Birth Certificate
•Immunizations or Exemptions
to finalize registration and receive a class placement.
School Calendar & Vacations
- First Day of School, Thursday August 24th @ 9:05 a.m. First bell rings at 9:00 a.m.
- First Day of Kindergarten, Wednesday 30th. In August, letters will be mailed to all registered Kindergarten student's households, with detailed information about assessments and first day for your student. Please be sure you have registered your student and taken all documents into the office. Kindergarten Registration Info
- Please refer to the school calendar above. If you are planning a family trip or vacation this school year, we strongly encourage you to plan those trips over school holidays so that students are in attendance every day possible. Students who miss 2-3+ days of school can struggle greatly in recovering all of the missed instruction and information that is needed for them to understand all of the new material being covered when they return. Please help us help your children be successful by scheduling trips and activities during school breaks.
Kindergarten Class Placements:
Teachers will be sending home a letter to parents of kindergarten students at the beginning of August. This letter will indicate when each kindergarten student will be scheduled to come in for their orientation and assessment, along with all other information that is needed for your kindergarten student.