Advanced Placement or AP classes have many advantages.
- They can show colleges and universities that you are serious as a student and want to succeed.
- Most colleges and universities nationwide offer credit for successfully taking an AP class and passing the corresponding exam.
- Students who successfully complete the AP class and pass the AP exam may have the opportunity to skip introductory courses at the college or university they attend.
- Students who take AP classes in high school build skills that will help them in high school and beyond.
- Many AP Courses can count for General Education Requirements at the University after successfully completing the course and passing the corresponding exam (such as: AP Art - Breadth Creative Arts, AP English - Communications Literacy, AP History or AP Government - Breadth American Institutions, AP Calculus - Qualitative Literacy, AP European History - Breadth Humanities, AP Biology - Breadth Life Science, AP Chemistry or AP Physics - Breadth Physical Science, and AP Psychology - Breadth Social Science)
For more information, you can go to https://apstudent.collegeboard.org or talk with your counselor at Green Canyon High School.
AP Courses offered (Not all courses are offered every year, it is based on students requests during PCCR conferences. Please see counselor with questions)
- AP Art
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus
- AP Chemistry
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP European History
- AP Physics
- AP Statistics
- AP US Government
- AP US History