Summertime is the perfect time to read!
Welcome to Cache County School District's Summer Reading page! We've created this resource page in the hopes that parents will find tools and programs to promote summer reading. Enjoy!
Summer Reading Tips:
- Make sure your kids have plenty of books
- Put books in convenient places (the car, living spaces, bathrooms)
- Encourage social reading
- Keep some time available for reading
- Visit your local library
- Enroll your child in summer reading programs
- Explore online reading sites
- Read aloud, together
- Be a good example
- Create a book club
- Let your child choose what he/she reads
- Read with a headlamp and stay up late
- Get help. Ask a librarian or bookstore employee for book suggestions
- Get your child their own library card
Utah's Online Library
Utah's Online Library offers thousands of eBook titles for students. It’s very easy to use and you’ll be sure to find some interesting content for your children. Contact your school librarian or public library for login information.
The Sora Student Reading app is an online resource that will give your children access to eBooks, audiobooks, and more. All you need is a local library card, and you will gain access to thousands of books that capture the interest of a wide range of audiences! Contact Ashley Addis at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Additionally, students and staff members can log in to https://cacheut.libraryreserve.com using their District username and password to access titles handpicked by the district. We recently received a grant from the Utah Library Association which was used to purchase student requests and audiobooks!