- 2016-17 SAGE Assessment Schedule
- ELA Blueprint (updated 10/2015)
- SAGE Proficiency Level Descriptors
- SAGE Mechanics, Usage, Grammar Expectations by Grade Level
- SAGE Argument Writing Rubric
- SAGE Argument Writing Scoring Guide
- Cache Argument Writing Rubric
- SAGE Expository Writing Rubric
- SAGE Expository Writing Scoring Guide
- Cache Expository Writing Rubric
- Cache Narrative Writing Rubric
- Cache Two-Point Short Response Rubric
- ELA Cognitive Rigor Matrix- Depth of Knowledge
Vertical Alignment Tables
Jim Burke's Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded is a reference book that explains what each standard says, what each standard means, and how to put each standard into practice across subjects.
Write Like This by Kelly Gallagher emphasizes the importance of writing for real-world purposes. The text provides teachers with mentor texts, effective modeling practices, student writing samples, and several practice and assessment strategies to improve student writing.
Link to the study guide for using the book Teaching Argument Writing by George Hillocks, Jr.
They Say, I Say, The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing by Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein provides specific guidance on academic vocabulary for upper grades and collegiate writing. Click on the cover to link to sample templates from the book.
In the Best Interest of Students by Kelly Gallagher articulates what ELA teachers need to stay true to what we know works in the teaching of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Kelly Gallagher Article of the Week