WHAT IS DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION?
- Utah’s Dual Language Immersion program (DLI) offers a rich bilingual experience for young learners when their minds are developmentally best able to acquire language.
- Cache County School District currently offers Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish as language options.
- Daily instruction is divided equally between two high-quality, creative classrooms and teachers. Students receive instruction in English for 50% of the day and in the target second language for 50% of the day. Take a look at the Utah DLI instructional model here: DLI Instructional Model
- Students begin the program in the first grade and remain in the program through the twelfth grade.
- Students who complete the program will achieve high levels of language proficiency in a second language.
The following 2018-19 1st grade
program spots are full:
Cedar Ridge Elementary Chinese (all spots)
Heritage Elementary Spanish (all spots)
Providence Elementary French (in-boundary spots)
Sunrise Elementary Portuguese (in-boundary spots)
If you wish to have your child placed on a wait list for the above programs/spots,
please complete the wait list application found HERE
There are out-boundary spots available in
1st grade French and Portuguese
(for the 2018-19 school year)
Spots will be filled on a first-come,
Please complete the application HERE
For late entry (grades 2-6) and transfer students from an existing DLI program, please complete this application:
If you wish to transfer a child into a DLI program during this 2017-18 school year, please contact the district DLI Coordinator directly (contact information below)