WHAT IS DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION?
- Utah’s Dual Language Immersion program (DLI) offers a rich bilingual experience for young learners when their minds are developmentally best able to acquire language.
- Cache County School District currently offers Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish as language options.
- Daily instruction is divided equally between two high-quality, creative classrooms and teachers. Students receive instruction in English for 50% of the day and in the target second language for 50% of the day. Take a look at the Utah DLI instructional model here: DLI Instructional Model
- Students begin the program in the first grade and remain in the program through the twelfth grade.
- Students who complete the program will achieve high levels of language proficiency in a second language.