DLI & WORLD LANGUAGES COORDINATOR
435-752-3925 ext. 5500
What Is Dual Language Immersion (DLI)?
- Dual language immersion (DLI) is a form of bilingual education in which students are taught literacy and content in two languages.
- Cache County School District currently offers Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish as language options.
- Daily instruction is divided equally between two high-quality, creative classrooms and teachers. Students receive instruction in English for 50% of the day and in the target second language for 50% of the day. Take a look at the
- View the Utah DLI instructional model here: DLI Instructional Model
- Students begin the program in the first grade and remain in the program through the twelfth grade.
- Students who complete the program will achieve high levels of language proficiency in a second language.