WHAT IS DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION?
- Utah’s Dual Language Immersion program (DLI) offers a rich bilingual experience for young learners when their minds are developmentally best able to acquire language.
- Cache County School District currently offers Chinese, French, Portuguese and Spanish as language options.
- Daily instruction is divided equally between two high-quality, creative classrooms and teachers. Students receive instruction in English for 50% of the day and in the target second language for 50% of the day. Take a look at the Utah DLI instructional model here: DLI Instructional Model
- Students begin the program in the first grade and remain in the program through the twelfth grade.
- Students who complete the program will achieve high levels of language proficiency in a second language.
The application period for the 2018-19 school year (for incoming 1st grade students) will begin on January 1, 2018.
A parent information meeting for parents who would like to learn more about the program will be held on
January 9, 2018
at Cedar Ridge Elementary School
(65 N 200 W, Hyde Park)
If you wish to transfer a child into a DLI program during this 2017-18 school year, please contact the district DLI Coordinator directly (contact information below)