FREE programs for ACT prep available to Utah studentsSHMOOP begins with a practice test. Based on the results of that test, students will be led to individualized instruction and test practice based on their specific weaknesses.Here are the instructions to set up your personal shmoop account and get prepared for the ACT:
Need Help? Contact the Counseling Office.
- Visit https://schools.shmoop.com/login/cache/mountain-crest-high
- Create your account
- Enter Magic Word: FLATTOP
- Fill in the spaces to create your account.
- Click the orange box that says "CREATE STUDENT ACCOUNT"
- Visit Utah’s Online Library, http://onlinelibrary.uen.org
- Click the LearningExpress Library link in the right-hand column under “General Reference Collection".
- You will need to create an account to use LearningExpress Library. Use the Register button that is is at the top right of the screen or the bottom right.
- Once you have created the account, hover over the All Centers link in the menu bar at the top.
- Click on “College Preparation Center.”
- Click on “Prepare for Your ACT Test.”
- This will take you to the tutorials/tests/eBooks that are available to help students prepare for the ACT test.
- Visit UtahFutures, https://utahfutures.org
- Create or sign in to your free UtahFutures account to use the LearningExpress Library.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “LearningExpress Library” link. (This link is also found under “Additional Resources” along the top of the page.)
- Click “Begin” and scroll using the arrows to the “College Preparation Center” and click on it.
- Click on “Prepare for your ACT Test.”
- This will take you to the tutorials/ tests/ eBooks that are available to help students prepare for the ACT test.