North Cache Middle School is the 6th "name" change involving North Cache! In the early 1900's it was North Cache High School. Then in 1964, it became North Cache Junior High School. In 1988, it became North Cache Middle School. In 1994 the name was changed to North Cache Freshman Center, when it housed only the 9th grade. In 1999, it became the North Cache 8-9 Center, when 8th graders were included in our population. Finally in 2017 we returned to North Cache Middle, including 7th and 8th Grades. The name "North Cache" has thus been around for nearly a century and we are under obligation to keep its name respected for many years to come.
The experience in our teaching staff ranges from 1st year to 31 years in the profession. The average number of years of experience of our teaching and administrative staff is 13.3 years.
The attendance area for North Cache is from Hyde Park, northward to the Idaho border. Our feeder schools are Lewiston Elementary, White Pine (Richmond), Birch Creek, Summit, Sunrise Elementary (Smithfield), and Cedar Ridge Elementary School (Hyde Park). North Cache is the feeder school for Sky View High School in Smithfield and Green Canyon High School in North Logan. We are part of Cache County School District. Our configuration and feeder schools made this recent change for the school year 2017-18.
We are especially proud of the accomplishments of our great students. Student recognition at North Cache includes:
- Honor roll breakfasts for those who make the honor roll each trimester
- Ski/Fun Park Activity for qualifying students
- Homeroom Incentive Activities for students with no outstanding assignments
- No-Tardy Parties for students who have no tardies during the entire trimester.
- Citizenship Recognition for students who receive all H's during a trimester.
- Annual Awards Assembly near the end of the school year recognizing all students who received any award during the school year.
- Students of the Month for students showing improvement and making an honest effort in their classes. Students are nominated by their teachers.
North Cache has a proud tradition in athletics, academics, citizenship, music in the community generally. We invite all to come and see what we have to offer for your students.