March 4, 2016
School Community Council Minutes
Friday, March 4, 2016
In Attendance: Stacie Williamson (Principal), Alyssa Hertzler (P Co-Chair), Linda Bergsjo (T, Co-chair) Tiffany Farnsworth (P Secretary), Michael Torrey(T), Kristen Smith (T), Wendy Bowers (P), Vanessa Borges (P), Amy Maughan (P), Megan Woolstenhulme (PTA), Wendy Bowers (P), Amy Maughn(P)
Excused: Staci Loveland (P)
2. Review Minutes from February.
Vanessa Borges motioned to accept with Wendy Bowers seconding, with unanimous vote to accept.
3. School Wide Goals/School Improvement Plan: Reading, Math, Writing, and Leadership (in connection with our Title 1 goals)
4. Trustland Money: Approximate amount $41,000
Reading Counts: $3,000
Leader in Me: $5,000
Computers for teachers: $6,000
Chromebooks: $15,000 for 40
Library books: $3,000
More ipads to fill up the current carts to make bigger sets:
Projector/smartboards/short throws: $5,000
Reflex Math: (Tiffany will check into the cost for this)
5. Next Year Transition Questions: Portables, we will get 2 new ones, 4 classrooms; nicer facilities than what we already have. Extended day kindergarten money may be available for those students who truly need it. This would make another ½ section of kindergarten.
6. Other: There will be a meeting for a new proposal to put in a new 150 rental town homes, 150 houses, in addition to the 200 homes that are already approved at Canyon. This will go to planning and zoning on March 10.
Lexia: the state is paying for our school to have this program for two years
7. Next Meeting Scheduled for March 23, 2016 3:30 pm and/or April 8, 2016 at 2:30 pm in the Conference room.