Jan. 8, 2016
School Community Council Minutes
Friday, January 8, 2016
In Attendance: Stacie Williamson (Principal), Linda Bergsjo (T, Co-chair) Tiffany Farnsworth (P Secretary), Michael Torrey(T), Wendy Bowers (P), Kristen Smith (T), Vanessa Borges (P), Amy Maughan (P), Staci Loveland (P), Megan Woolstenhulme (PTA), Wendy Bowers (P) Stacie Loveland(P), Amy Maughn(P)
Excused: Alyssa Hertzler (P Co-Chair)
2. Review Minutes from November.
Vanessa Borges motioned to accept with Wendy Bowers seconding, with unanimous vote to accept.
3. Elect a Vice Chair: Megan Woolstenhulme nominated Wendy Bowers and seconded by Tiffany Farnsworth, with a unanimous vote to accept.
4. Vanessa-Parents with issues about not enough time to eat at lunch. This is something that has been discussed every year. As parents we need to remind our children to eat and not take time to chat. Wait to chat at recess. As teachers we need to be on time to lunch. The class sticker that goes up is a warning that children can leave, but it is not that they have to leave. Principal Williamson will discuss with teachers to be on time and to explain to students they do not have to leave when the sticker goes up, they can finish eating. The process of this will be in the Parent Newsletter.
5. Presenting the four tenants of what a “real” PLC looks like-Solution Tree Info. Tabled for next month.
6. Watch the Trustland’s DVD: SCC Individuals are taking the DVD home to watch on their own and will discuss at next month’s meeting.
7. Next Year Transition Questions: Scheduling: Orchestra will be morning, our sister school will be Lincoln, there will be busing for students to go back to their school for the day. Next year’s schedule will be put together after SEPs.
Becky Madson coming from Willow Valley, Trisha Parker coming from Willow Valley. Michael Torrey will be moving to Nibley. There will be two new teachers hired after all district transitioning has taken place. Another set of bike racks, bolted to the ground so they can’t be moved. The way students will be placed into classes for next year will be changed. There will be an input form for two weeks before spring break, after that there will be no parent input. Teachers will complete a form with all the student information that includes academics, behavior, friend issues, etc… Principal Williamson will then be making all classes for next year, based on all the input given.
8. Other: Parking on the street makes it hard for cars exiting left to see cars coming. One space will be removed in the spring. Parking lot in front of school will get signs up for ½ hour parking only.
9. Next Meeting Scheduled for February 12, 2016 in the Conference room.