Sept. 30, 2015
School Community Council Minutes
Friday, September 30, 2015
In Attendance: Stacie Williamson (Principal), Alyssa Hertzler (P Co-Chair), Jocelyn Murdock (T Co-Chair), Tiffany Farnsworth (P Secretary), Michael Torrey(T), Linda Bergsjo (T), Katie McBride (T), Jenifer Morgan (P), Wendy Bowers (P), Kristen Smith (T), Vanessa Borges (P), Jason Curtis(T)
Excused: Vanessa Borges(P), Wendi Taylor(P)
2. Review Minutes from September.
Linda Bergso motioned to accept with Stacie Williamson seconding, with unanimous vote to accept.
3. Stacies will present more specific ideas/costs for 2016-17 Trustlands monies
Teacher computers as per rotation schedule (6): $6000
Reading Counts Program renewal Fee: $3000
Chrombook Lab: $13,600 (40 Chromebooks at $300 each:$12,000 and Chromebook Traxel Cart: $1600)
Library books $2000
This year’s allocation was about $35,000 If we fund the above projects we will probably still have about $3000 to work with for other ideas/projects that we want to look into.
4. Show the group the Gateway website and how to see SAGE score data
The website for the all of the state’s SAGE data is found at:
There are a number of ways to view the data individually and compared to other schools within the state.
5. Parent pick up and drop off issues: students loading and unloading from the street; crossing between cars in the drop off zone from the parking lot; double parking/children on the island, rude/threatening exchanges from parents; etc.
A letter will be sent home in the October newsletter thanking parents for following the rules.
Tiffany will email Stacie the PDF of the drop off procedures and a letter will be sent home reminding parents of these procedures.
Stacie will look into getting lines painted on the drop off zone road, and wording stating Pull Forward to the line
6. Classroom Bathroom Procedures
Concerns of how often students are allowed to use the restroom and consequences for going during class were addressed. Students are given many opportunities to use the restroom, outside of class time. If parents have concerns please talk with the individual teacher. Principal Williamson will also address this with the teachers
7. Other: Next Year Transition Questions
There are around 530 students in the school now, there will be 100 additional students next year. The school will have Portables on campus, the plan is to use these for the ESL classes.
Sixth grade classes will be placed in the currently unused classrooms.
8. Next Meeting Scheduled for November 6, 2015 in the Conference room.
Tiffany Farnsworth motions to adjourn, Katie McBride seconded the motion, with a unanimous vote to accept.