CHILD NUTRITION COORDINATOR
FREE & REDUCED LUNCH/CHILD NUTRITION SECRETARY
Take Time for School Breakfast!
Breakfast Provides Benefits... Make it a Priority!
Breakfast is provided at all Cache County School District locations. Call your child’s school to find out serving times.
Breakfast is free for the 2021-2022 School Year
Benefits of Breakfast:
- Higher Test Scores. Research has proven that children who eat breakfast have higher math and reading scores.
- Improved Attendance. Studies show that students who eat breakfast are absent and tardy less often.
- Fewer Trips to the School Nurse. When students eat breakfast, nurses report fewer office visits related to hunger.
- Improved Classroom Behavior. Students are better able to pay attention in class when they have eaten. Principals confirm that they see fewer discipline problems when students have eaten breakfast.
- Better Learning. Students learn best when they have eaten a good breakfast.
- More Time for Learning. When students have eaten, they are better able to concentrate and behave in the classroom. This allows teachers to spend more time teaching and less time on discipline.